What is Podiatry?
The podiatrist is a health professional, who is involved with examination, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of foot & ankle disorders by the use of physical, medical and surgical means. Podiatrists are also competent to diagnose and treat complications, which affect the lower limbs, skin and nail disorders, foot diseases like arthritis, corns, calluses, ingrown toenails, diabetic foot etc.
- Regular foot care for every age group.
- Treatment and removal of corns, calluses (hard skin) and warts (verruca)
- Toenails problems such as thickened, fungal and ingrown toenails.
- Medical Pedicures with sterilized instruments.
- Treatment for Diabetic foot.
- Surgery to correct painful or deformed feet.
- Gait analysis
- Prescriptions for correct footwear
- Nerve and Vascular tests.
- Pod paediatrics – Treatment of medical conditions in the feet of children (eg. Sever’s disease, pigeon toe, growing pains)
- Treatments for painful flat and high arched feet.
- Ulcer/ wound care, debridement and treatment of chronic wounds
Home visits available upon request.